Training Method: Classroom /Online
Duration: 2 Days
Students: IT, business unit managers, consultants and business analysts.
Cost: Classroom or Live Online: $999.00
IT, business analysts, consultants, business unit managers, and other professionals who are tasked with managing your organization’s content.
This ECM course is offered in a live, instructor-led classroom format as a “virtual” webcast, or in physical classrooms using illustrated lecture and discussion, demonstrations and hands-on lab exercises.
The ECM Specialist course provides a firm foundation in the technologies, business drivers, and implementation strategy of managing content including the key roles of information architecture, metadata, and taxonomy.
At the conclusion of training, attendees will be able to:
- Distinguish business drivers for improving information management processes.
- Create and capture content from a variety of sources including Office documents, images, and email.
- Collaborate effectively.
- Create, apply, and leverage metadata to improve content management.
- Organize enterprise content to ensure access and improve findability.
- Streamline and automate document-centric business processes.
- Use tools and strategies for ensuring enterprise content is secure.
- Manage enterprise content throughout the information lifecycle.
- Ensure long-term access to enterprise content.
Course Dates: November 30th at 1st December
Class schedule: 9:00 a.m. at 5:00 p.m. from Tuesday to Thursday and Friday from 8:00 a.m. at 3:00 p.m.
Location: Yakidoo offices in Panama City.
- Duration and ground rules
- Class structure and modules overview
Module 1: How to Get Started with ECM
- Identify key enterprise content management (ECM) concepts
- Identify business drivers for ECM
- Identify business benefits of ECM
Module 2: How to Organize Enterprise Content
- Identify the benefits of formal classification
- Compare and contrast different classification schemes
- Describe key steps required to create classification schemes
Module 3: How to Ensure Digital Preservation
- Identify preservation risk factors
- Identify and describe approaches to digital preservation
- Describe the steps required to perform a migration
Module 4: How to Manage Enterprise Content Throughout the Lifecycle
- Describe how to manage content through the various steps in the content lifecycle
- Describe how to dispose of content at the end of the lifecycle
Module 5: How to Improve Collaboration on Enterprise Content
- Identify the need to improve document collaboration
- Compare and contrast different types of collaboration solutions
- Describe the benefits and impact of social business
Module 6: How to Improve Access to Enterprise Content
- Identify and describe key search-related concepts
- Describe approaches to searching for enterprise content
- Describe how to improve findability of enterprise content
Module 7: How to Secure Enterprise Content
- Describe controls required for effective security
- Describe redaction and identify redaction-related issues for enterprise content
- Identify the significance of audit trails, encryption, and digital rights management
Module 8: How to Capture Enterprise Content
- Describe different sources of content to be captured
- Compare and contrast different types of content and the issues they present to a capture process
- Describe how to capture paper-based documents through scanning and image processing
Module 9: How to Create & Manage Metadata
- Describe what metadata is and its uses
- Identify sources of metadata
- Describe methods for collecting and applying metadata
Module 10: How to Improve Content-centric Processes using Workflow and BPM
- Identify key business process management (BPM) and workflow concepts
- Identify key business analysis concepts including flowcharting and process modeling
- Compare and contrast BPM and ECM capabilities and limitations