New technology frameworks now help organizations in customer onboarding; be it new bank customers, admit new patients for a hospital, or even onboard new employees for the HR department. Many businesses are already reaping benefits from these new technologies by starting with a framework. Every customer wants to customize their onboarding solution, and customization is easier when organizations deploy an onboarding framework.
Three examples of frameworks in action:
- Speed and simplicity are essential to the customer onboarding process for banks: A framework makes signing up new customers fast and easy. Customers can scan their driver’s license from the convenience of their mobile phone, then automatically capture data from their license and use it to fill in information on their on-line application. After that’s done, a framework can facilitate all required correspondence between customers and bank associates.
- Putting patients first. Smart framework strategies help streamline the patient admission process: When a doctor’s office or a hospital admits a new patient, the first thing a patient usually does is fill out a form about their personal and insurance information. A smart framework strategy helps simplify this process by:
- Electronically scanning the patient’s driver’s license and insurance card
- Validating the patient’s insurance information from the insurer’s database
- Triggering workflows from, or in, the medical record system
- Notifying doctors and other staff of the next action item for the patient
- Transforming the new-hire process: We’ve all been through the hiring process for a new job. A well-designed framework can give new employees a smooth start by:
- Using information from a new hire’s driver’s license to start the application process.
- Automatically running a background check on a new employee
- Generating and customizing an offer letter and allowing the applicant to sign it from the convenience of their mobile device
A smart onboarding strategy helps organizations perform onboarding tasks quickly and reduces development time. The right framework offers a great starting point for streamlining operations while increasing customer satisfaction. Of course, you could build your onboarding strategy from scratch, but it’s always easier, faster and simpler to start with a smart framework.