"A new category of application software designed to support business activities that are people-intensive, highly variable, loosely structured and subject to frequent change."
Source: Forrester Research, “Smart Process Applications Fill A Big Business Gap,”
Business executives need Smart Process Applications (SPAs) — a new generation of packaged applications that are designed specifically to support business activities that are people-intensive, highly variable, loosely structured and subject to frequent change. That next generation of packaged applications will encapsulate current best practices, yet make it possible to reflect continuous improvements to an organization's structure and dynamic activities.
The 5 Elements of a Smart Process Applications (SPAs)
- Imported or embedded awareness data relevant to the business activity
- Document capture for incoming documents, forms, and faxes relevant to business activity
- Business Process Management (BPM) tools for executing the steps involved in the activity
- Collaborative platform for people to create content needed for an activity
- Embedded analytical tools designed for the business activity
Transform and Simplify Customer Interactions
With five main components, smart process applications support collaborative business processes that are people and information intensive, highly variable & unpredictable, loosely structured and subject to change.
Kofax SPAs dramatically transform and simplify the business critical First Mile™ of real time, information intensive customer interactions.
Organizations can significantly increase their responsiveness to customers, provide a higher level of service, gain competitive advantage and better manage and grow their businesses while also greatly reducing operating costs by utilizing Kofax Smart Process Applications.